Modivated by my love of YouTube and the content creaters on the platform; I kept seeing YouTubers that I love loosing money to adblockers.
Working with a friend, Pnam, we spent the good part of a semester working with Chrome extensions in order to get our application to work. We finally figured out a way to display the YouTube channel name in the URL of the YouTube link (something that is not enabled by default). After this we were able to generate whitelist code that we could paste into AdBlocker Plus. These pieces of code would then tell AdBlocker Plus to not block ads on certain YouTube pages.